Wednesday 7 October 2009

GDIX

WELL, scarily it's already time for us (Graphic Design and Illustration third years at Brighton) to start thinking about our final show in Brighton/London and accompanying identity. Now, I know it will be a ridiculous amount of work if I win the brief, and I'm not expecting to win, but I've given it a go anyway... and if I do say so myself, I love this. I'd even go so far as to use the word 'sexy', if I used words like that to describe design. But I don't.

Anyway, logo, colour scheme. Trade Gothic (Condensed no. 18) is the typeface. Pantone colours listed below. It was always going to be purple in my mind. Purple is awesome.


There was sort of an assumption that we'd refer to ourselves as 'GDI X'... Roman numerals and all, and X's are awesome... but I don't really think that's obvious enough, and people might wonder what it means. In some contexts that's good, but I've decided to spell it out. Brighton Graphic design and Illustration, 2010. I may do an 'x' variation later.

No comments: