Wednesday 4 August 2010

Strange times.

I've been a bit quiet on the blogging front recently.

Suddenly with the vast expanse of the rest of my life spread out in front of me, I'm faced with lots of difficult decisions. And blogging about difficult decisions is difficult.

This isn't a personal blog, but I am going to mention that me and my long term boyfriend Martin split up a couple of weeks ago. I mention this because he's been by my side throughout my whole university experience, and he probably averted several minor nervous breakdowns on my part, not to mention being an unexpected source of creative inspiration at times, and a completely honest critic of my work.
We're still friends, so I hope to some extent that can continue.

But now the time comes for me to decide where I'm going to live and with who, what I'm going to do to pay the rent, and how I'm going to fulfill my ultimate dream goal in life - happiness!

The most obvious and direct route to happiness for me is to get a job doing design malarkey in Brighton. However, this is much easier said than done, because Brighton is expensive, and design jobs here aren't exactly ten a penny.

I am extremely fortunate to have got myself another placement, for two weeks at Brighton studio Crush. AND, as luck would have it, they're looking for a new designer/illustrator at the moment.
I'm not getting my hopes up, because they are RATHER good, but I'm hoping that if I try and be as genuine and hard working as possible (which is basically what I always strive for) they might possibly perhaps consider employing me. Maybe. We shall see.

Even if they don't, I'm still really looking forwards to spending a couple of weeks with them, doing design and stuff. Yeah!

Anyway, a while back I promised you a blog about our London show.
So here are some lovely pictures :)

No comments: