Monday 28 February 2011

Nice bit of crayoning...

A little bit more for The 405, they've decided to make their excellent new music compilations (See here and here) a more regular thing, and have been kind enough to invite me to produce the artwork on a regular basis. How lovely!

Slightly intimidating though, but I always enjoy it, and Oliver is the kind of guy who sends e-mails using words like 'ACE!' and ridiculous amounts of '!!!!'s, which always cheers up my inbox.

So anyway, here's this month's cover, and you can read the article and download the mix here...


I also did headers for all the individual artists, here's some of them.... nice enough...





but I think they look just super in the actual context of the article, with images for each artist.



I'd highly recommend you download the mix too - it's free music, and the 405 have a knack for picking out some of the best of what's around at the moment, without being predictable or succumbing to trends.

For my part however, I have been listening pretty much non stop to the incredible Gil Scott-Heron/Jamie XX collab/remix album, 'We're new here'. I'd highly recommend it.
Take a listen to this and hopefully you'll enjoy it too...



While I'm at it (blogging that is), here's another amazing thing that has caught my eye. I've never pledged to anything on Kickstarter before, but I am very very much tempted by this gorgeous looking book...
I'm actually inclined to wonder quite why it needs Kickstarter funding - I'd have thought any good arts publisher would have snapped this up!

Well well, what a lot of stuff.
Here's one last thing for you. I think this is incredibly beautiful, clever, and indulges my love of public transport and fascination with timetables.

No comments: