Thursday 5 February 2015

Cookbook D'arc Manche

In a remarkable feat of last-minute motivation, I managed to put together a 20-page vegan cookbook/zine as a Christmas present for lots of friends who regularly visit our house. We like cooking for people and people often say kind things about our food and ask for recipes, so I figured a cookbook would be a nice (if slightly egotistical) thing to do.

People have been incredibly kind about them, and if you know me and you'd like a hard copy, let me know and I'll get one to you somehow!

Anyway, here are a selection of food illustrations from the book... They probably look a bit rubbish out of context, but I'm going to share them anyway, because I had fun doing them.






We like weird things on toast.
Talk to me about my mexican red cabbage salad. It’s fairly hard to believe raw red cabbage can taste this good.


Justin’s only recipe contribution to the book. It’s a good one though. So good I decided to give it a kale border.

And girls. Everyone. My dumplings. So good. If I do say so myself.

One of my very regular recipes is peanut and lime udon noodles with leeks, broccoli and fried tofu.

Hoi sin sauce is THIS EASY you guys.


Can't go wrong with a good aubergine. (Actually you quite easily can. But let's not talk about that.)

In addition to the illustrations, there are a whole bunch of delicious photos, including...





Whoever thinks vegans don't eat well needs to get over here RIGHT NOW and let me pile some of this onto their plates.

No comments: