Sunday 14 May 2017

EUROVISION!

Guys, I love Eurovision.

Yes, I know, the music is terrible. I hate most of it. Yes, I know it's political. That's half the fun. Yes, I know the hosts are always cringey and it's hard to believe this is the best Europe has to offer. This is the joy of it.

I have watched Eurovision every year since I was born... Always with my mum, till I left home, and then since then, with various delightful groups of friends. Last night I thought might be my first time ever going it alone, but housemate Justin stepped up at the last minute, and we had a whale of a time.

Growing up with my mum, we'd take detailed (often quite bitchy) notes on each of the acts to enable us to make an informed decision about who to vote for at the end (because it's easy to forget what each country's offering was, if you don't!)

In recent years, this has evolved into doing illustrations of all the acts... It's a good opportunity to try and hone my terrible figure drawing skills at speed (spoiler: still terrible), and even though it makes for a pretty intense two hours, it definitely enhances my experience of the whole thing.

This year was, I think, better than my previous years (links above)... Still got a long way to go though...













No comments: